"", National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), No. 60703046, 2008- 2010.
The project concentrates on the organization structure of multi-dimensional metadata and fast query approaches in large-scale storage systems. There are 4 research points including data storage organization structure, fast query approaches, analysis on data access behaviors and functionality support from system platforms. In order to handle the heterogeneous and various storage system platforms, this project proposed the BR-tree, PBF and G-HBA to efficiently support query services for multi-dimensional metadata. Through the analysis on the enormous data access behaviors, the patterns were accurately identified to further help construct the SmartStore and B-LSH by using the potential semantics and locality. The optimization of RAID construction, deduplication and access management were also well studied. This project published 21 papers, including IEEE Transactions (TC, TPDS), Journal of Computer Research and Development, FAST, ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference (SC), ICDCS, ICPP, HPDC, IPDPS and Cluster, which are widely cited by IEEE TPDS, FAST, SC and MSST. These papers are well-cited, and obtained the Best Student Paper Award in the IEEE NAS conference. We filed multiple patents and software copyrights.
1: Yu Hua, Bin Xiao and Jianping Wang, "BR-tree: A Scalable Prototype for Supporting Multiple Queries of Multi-dimensional Data", IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), Volume 58, Issue 12, Dec. 2009, pages: 1585 - 1598.
2: Bin Xiao and Yu Hua, "Using Parallel Bloom Filters for Multi-attribute Representation on Network Services", IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), Volume 21, Issue 1, Jan. 2010, pages: 20 - 32.
3: Yu Hua, Yifeng Zhu, Hong Jiang, Dan Feng, Lei Tian. Supporting Scalable and Adaptive Metadata Management in Ultra Large-Scale File Systems, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), Published online, May 27, 2010, Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/TPDS.2010.116
4: Yu Hua, Hong Jiang, Yifeng Zhu, Dan Feng, and Lei Tian. "SmartStore: A New Metadata Organization Paradigm with Metadata Semantic-Awareness for Next-Generation File Systems." Proceedings of the Conference on High Performance Computing Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC '09), Portland, Oregon, November 14-20, 2009
5: Yu Hua, Yifeng Zhu, Hong Jiang, Dan Feng, and Lei Tian,“Scalable and Adaptive Metadata Management in Ultra Large-scale File Systems”, Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2008), June 17-20, 2008
6: Yu Hua, Bin Xiao, Dan Feng and Bo Yu, "Bounded LSH for Similarity Search in Peer-to-Peer File Systems", Proceedings of International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP 2008), September 2008, pages: 644-651
7.Peng Xia, Dan Feng, Hong Jiang, Lei Tian, Fang Wang: FARMER: a novel approach to file access correlation mining and evaluation reference model for optimizing peta-scale file system performance. HPDC 2008: 185-196 Proceedings of the 17th International Symposium on High-Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC-2008), 23-27 June 2008, Boston, MA, USA. ACM 2008
8. Dan Feng, Qiang Zou, Hong Jiang, Yifeng Zhu: A novel model for synthesizing parallel I/O workloads in scientific applications. CLUSTER 2008: 252-261 Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing, 29 September - 1 October 2008, Tsukuba, Japan. IEEE 2008
9. Qiang Zou, Dan Feng: OpenMail File System Workloads Analysis and Characterization. ICYCS 2008: 71-76 Proceedings of the 9th International Conference for Young Computer Scientists, ICYCS 2008, Zhang Jia Jie, Hunan, China, November 18-21, 2008
10.Qiang Zou, Dan Feng, Yifeng Zhu, Hong Jiang: A Novel and Generic Model for Synthesizing Disk I/O Traffic Based on The Alpha-stable Process. MASCOTS 2008: 133-142 16th International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2008), Baltimore, Maryland, USA, September 8-10, 2008.
11. Tianming Yang, Dan Feng, Jingning Liu, Yaping Wan, Zhongying Niu, Yuchang Ke: 3DNBS: A Data De-duplication Disk-Based Network Backup System. NAS 2009: 287-294 International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage, NAS 2009, 9-11 July 2009, IEEE Computer Society 2009 (NAS2009 Best Student Paper Award)
12. Tian-ming YANG, Dan FENG, Zhong-ying NIU, Ya-ping WAN Scalable high performance de-duplication backup via hash join Journal of Zhejiang University-SCIENCE C (Computers & Electronics) 2010 11(5):315-327
13. Tianming Yang, Hong Jiang, Dan Feng, Zhongying Niu, Ke Zhou, and Yaping Wan, “DEBAR: A Scalable High-Performance De-duplication Storage System for Backup and Archiving,” Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS 2010), Atlanta, GA, April 19-23, 2010.
14. Suzhen Wu, Hong Jiang, Dan Feng, Lei Tian, Bo Mao: WorkOut: I/O Workload Outsourcing for Boosting RAID Reconstruction Performance. FAST 2009: 239-252 7th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies, February 24-27, 2009, San Francisco, CA, USA. Proceedings. USENIX 2009
15. Bo Mao; Dan Feng; Suzhen Wu; Jianxi Chen; Lingfang Zeng; Lei Tian; RAID10L: A high performance RAID10 storage architecture based on logging technique, 13th Asia-Pacific Computer Systems Architecture Conference, 2008. ACSAC 2008.
16.Bo Mao, Dan Feng, Suzhen Wu, Lingfang Zeng, Jianxi Chen, Hong Jiang: GRAID: A Green RAID Storage Architecture with Improved Energy Efficiency and Reliability. MASCOTS 2008: 113-120 16th International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2008), Baltimore, Maryland, USA, September 8-10, 2008
17. Zhan Shi, Dan Feng, Heng Zhao, Lingfang Zeng: USP: A Lightweight File System Management Framework. NAS 2010: 250-256 Fifth International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage, NAS 2010, Macau, China, July 15-17, 2010. IEEE Computer Society 2010
18. Zhongying Niu, Ke Zhou, Hong Jiang, Tianming Yang, Wei Yan. "Identification and Authentication in Large-scale Storage Systems." Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage (NAS’09), July 9-11, 2009.
19.Lanxiang Chen, Dan Feng, Zhan Shi, Feng Zhou: Using Session Identifiers as Authentication Tokens. ICC 2009: 1-5 Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2009, Dresden, Germany, 14-18 June 2009. IEEE 2009
20. 刘景宁,吕满, 童薇, 冯丹, "对象存储系统中对象查找及标识符分配管理策略",《小型微型计算机系统》, 2009年09期.
21.刘景宁, 谢黎明, 冯丹, 吕满, "对象存储设备端数据管理策略研究", 《计算机研究与发展》, 2010年10期.